Toto Aquia as Back outlet toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Shajan

Reaction score
Hi all.

Looking at the Aquia diagrams, it looks to me that it might be possible to use it as a back outlet toilet if I don't use the unifit.

Those of you who have seen the actual unit, what do you think? I'm interested in using it in a basement istall.

Thanks,
Shajan

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toto

If the actual bowl outlet is horizontal, AND you could figure out some way to seal to that outlet, then I suppose it could be done. That takes care of the CAN IT BE DONE. The question you did not ask is, "Should it be done?" and for that the answer is a resounding NO. Once you remove the vertical component of the outlet, which the UniFit adapter provides, you change the toilet from a siphon bowl to a blowout toilet, and the tank has absolutely inadequate pressure to flush the toilet that way. So you would wind up with a toilet that was easy to install and flushes terribly. With no way to correct it.

Shajan

Reaction score
Thanks HJ.

Are there any cheap alternatives for me other than breaking the concrete and installing a regular toilet?

apanda2

Reaction score
Try Saniflo toilets

You could look at Saniflo toilets. There are also wall hung toilets from Caroma and Duravit and various other manufacturers. They are all more expensive than the floor mounted models but solve lots of problems.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilets

Most manufacturers make a floor mount rear outlet toilet, but the opening is still fairly close to the floor so you would probably have to break some concrete anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks