New home sprinkler system

Users who are viewing this thread

shakedown

Reaction score
I will be moving into my first home soon, and it has a lawn sprinkler system installed. I had the home inspected, and in the report it was noted that the sprinkler system poured water from the vaccum breaker. I have a picture of this and wondered what the problem could be. I have been doing some research online and cant figure out if its a AVP or PVB or what. If I attach a pic could someone determine the type and possibily the solution to what would cause water to come out of there and not any of the sprinkler heads? I'm pretty handy and would like to repair this on my own. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• breaker.JPG
    breaker.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 601

Speedbump

Reaction score
It looks like a vacuum breaker to me. It's no doubt just stuck or sludged up. You can take the lit off and check it out.

bob...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
thing

It is a vacuum breaker, but it is an atmospheric one which cannot have the irrigation valves installed after it. It is leaking because it is worn out, however, not because it is the wrong one. Replace it with a pressure vacuum breaker.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks