No hot water from Symmons tub/shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

donny

Reaction score
the plumbing for this tub/shower is approx. 6 yrs old. it is a symmons model a temptrol located in a guest bath that is rarely used. when the knob is turned to cold, there is plenty of cold water, but when turned to hot, just a tricle of water comes out of either the tub spout or showerhead. i took out the adjustment screw and let some water out hoping that the problem was some lodged sediment, but it didnt help. i'm expecting guests this weekend and i'm hoping someone can help. thanks :confused:

Deb

Plumber
Reaction score
Deb

Go to the Symmons web site and pull directions to disassemble this valve. It will most likely need to be disassembled and flushed. You could have a pressure balance spool that is sticking.
Deb
The Pipewench

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks