Replacing a Delta Shower faucet w/diverter

Users who are viewing this thread

av8tor50

Reaction score
I am replacing a Delta shower faucet and have unscrewed the faucet, but there is a threaded sleeve on the pipe coming out of the wall that I cannot see how it is attached...maybe sweated to the 1/2" pipe?

The other problem I fear, is that I have twisted the stub pipe that I'm pretty sure is sweated in place behind the tub/wall. Won't know if it leaks till I try it I guess. :(

Any help is welcomed!

Mike

Attachments

• HOME-BATH RENOVATION 006.jpg
    HOME-BATH RENOVATION 006.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 862

av8tor50

Reaction score
hj said:
If you did the right thing, you would have bought another Delta spout, it is not the faucet, and screwed it onto that adapter.

Yea, hj, I knew that. Thinking spout, wrote faucet. :rolleyes: HD 'nor Lowe's carries that spout and couldn't find it on Delta's site, any suggestions on where to buy that spout?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
diverter

It is called a "pull down diverter" and is used on almost all of their tub/shower units. If you call Delta, they would probably send you one.

Dan Pick

Reaction score
Pull down diverter tub spout

You need to order a Delta RP5836. The LIST price is $23.71. Be sure to lubricate the o-ring prior to installation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks