Watts quick-connect fittings?

Users who are viewing this thread

R

Rancher

Anybody use these?

Connect to Multiple Materials!

Watts Quick-Connect fittings incorporate Stainless Steel Gripping Teeth in the Collets. These corrosion resistant teeth allow the fittings to interconnect with multiple materials without the need for special tools or tube inserts.

PEX, LDPE, MDPE, & HDPE Tubings
Copper
CPVC
Polybutylene

multiconnect.gif

Rancher

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I looked at them...not that impressed. One of the things I particularly didn't like was the "Made in China" label. Might be fine. The Sharkbite's seem much more robust (but cost more). Now, I didn't actually use one, they could be fine.

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
we use them all the time in pilot valve controllers with no problems at 90PSI. Makes troubleshooting easy since you can disconnect and reconnect them. I use them in my house for the RO drinking water hookup. I like 'em.:) Easier to use than ferrule and compression. I admit I've not used them on metal pipe tho...

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have used the Jaco brand fittings (made in USA) http://www.jacomfg.com/j_fit.html in industrial applications with excellent success. Nylon and glass-reinforced polypropylene are good for water applications. Stay away from the Celcon (acetal) if there is even a hint of chlorine in the water.

They make nuts with stainless steel grippers for hard materials and plastic grippers for softer materials. They are rated at up to 220 psi when used with the gripper nuts.

The large selection of fittings means you don't need a lot of adapters that can cost as much as the fittings.

When I was buying them they had substantial discounts from list prices for even modest quantities.

bobcat

Reaction score
Can the Watts Quick-Connect be used to interface 1/2 uponor pex (wirsbo) plastic pipe to copper 1/2.

If not any suggestions?

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Plastic

The plastic ones are easier to disassemble than Sharkbites, and the John Guest ones have a positive locking collet on the larger sizes to prevent accidental disconnecting. They are approved for the same locations as Sharkbites, but I, personally, would not use them in concealed locations.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks