Anybody experience with these pressure tanks??

Users who are viewing this thread

vleespet

Reaction score
Opinions please :)

Anybody experience with these tanks??

WM-Series.jpg
WM-Seriescutaway.jpg

WellMate Advantages

Corrosion-proof composite construction -
From the high density polyethylene inner liner to the fiberglass-wound and epoxy resin-sealed outer shell, WellMate ( Well Mate ) WM-Series tanks contain no steel. So they can’t rust.

Little or no maintenance -
Because WellMate ( Well Mate ) tanks contain no steel, there is no paint to scratch or touch up.

Longer life, greater flexibility -
WellMate's ( Well Mate ) unique air cell offers longer life than the bladders or diaphragms in steel tanks. WM-Series tanks can be installed with a wider range of pressure settings, so you can select the system pressure you want. What’s more, the bottom inlet/outlet assembly is pre-installed and comes with system connections to save time and money.

Light weight -
WellMate ( Well Mate ) tanks are quicker, easier and less costly to install than steel tanks.

NSF and/or FDA listed materials
The complete assembly meets stringent US requirements for water components. WellMate ( Well Mate ) tanks are environmentally safe, 100% lead-free. They will not introduce undesirable chemicals or elements into your customers’ water.

Replaceable air cell -
Easy to service in the field

Last edited:

Raucina

Reaction score
If the air cell is well made, then this looks like a great tank. Whats the cost?

most wine presses today are made this way [just no top on the tank]

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The last few house I have had I installed those. I never had a problem but have had one in use for more than 5 years (I move a lot). So I have no idea how long they last.

Spaceman Spiff

Architect
Reaction score
That tank is installed in my house and I haven't had any problems. The company that sold me the tank said he has had no callbacks since installing them in commercial and residential applications over the past 8 years (i think it was 8 years). Seem well built to me...
I haven't had to replace the bladder and I havent hardly needed to add air. Also, it was nice and LIGHT!!! Much better than the water heaters I had to lug downstairs...

Speedbump

Reaction score
In my experience they don't hold up well at all. Anytime a tank has a replaceable bladder I get very leary of it. The fiberglas does not hold up well in the sun either. If in a basement or pump house that wouldn't be a problem. Flexcon also makes a fiberglas tank and I won't sell them for the above reasons.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
The main advantage seems that the bladder when without air will simply be squashed flat, not over extended, thus not broken and with out a dome inside to rust and rub on the cell. Looks like the bladder is a simple exchange, not the hell of the bottom exit bag type. How much money?

T_Hartigan

Reaction score
The prices seem reasonable, but I didn't see prices for the replaceable bladder.

Tim

Speedbump

Reaction score
I would never buy a tank that has a replaceable bladder. The reason they are replaceable is that they don't hold up. Take a piece of paper and crumble it up then open it up a couple thousand times and see what it looks like. The same thing happens to their bladder every pump cycle.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks