Need Help On Well Tanks Asap

Users who are viewing this thread

Daisy

Reaction score
I am waiting for my new pump to arrive and noticed that the ground under the Flotec 83 gallon tank is very wet, even soggy. It is situated about 1 (one) foot below ground near the rear of the house. This was not noticed before because the concrete block wall surrounding the entire system and rising about 18 inches above ground. There is an insulated wooden structure that was easily lifted off to access the entire system. Could it be possible that I will have to replace the tank. If it is not the tank, then what could it be?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Flotec tanks are not the best by far. If it's old, it may have rusted through since their bladders don't last long and the inside of bladder tanks are not painted, they can rust through pretty quick.

bob...

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
The ground could be soggy because it is collecting condensation off the tank. The first thing I would do is remove the dirt from under the tank while providing support. It will be easier while the tank is empty.

If you can relocate it out of the ground as part of the pump project, that would be best.

When it is out of the ground, you can determine if it is leaking.

You could have a problem even if it is not leaking water. In some bladder tanks, the bottom of the tank is part of the air chamber. If that leaks, you will not be able to hold a precharge. A frequent point of leakage in that kind of tank is where the outlet is welded into the tank. You should check to be sure that you have and can maintain a precharge. You can do that without digging.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks