Small bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

alexandra

Reaction score
I need help to locate a small bathtub for a bathroom I am renovating. The American Standard Huron 46.5 X 27 will work fine but I need it to have left end apron as this is the only side that will show.

The dimensions of the current alcove are L 46 W 30, it can be no more that 54 long or 30 wide. I don't know where to find such a bathtub. Any help will be appreciated. I am in NYC.

Thank you.

alexandra

Reaction score
I have been looking all over the web, that's how I found you. It is very hard to find something small to fit the needs of the space. I thought maybe you guys here know where some suppliers are. I am open to the possibility of fiberglass but I don't think they make small models, can't find any anyway. Where I live in Manhattan there are not big stores, just boutique and exclusive one's and I need a warehouse type I think:) Just a clean old type traditional tub!!!

I could get the Huron and then built a cover to close the side that's lacking an apron and then tile it. I have hard time finding white color Huron with right hand drain outlet... aaahhh They will be extinct sooon....

I can always keep the old tub and get a professional refinisher to coat it, but I hesitate as I know it will look bad in a few years....

I read some of the threads though and learn a few things on installation and stuff.....

alexandra

Reaction score
I just noticed that the Huron is made of steel, so forget that one... back to square one...

Looks like resurfacing to me, unless someone helps with a suggestion..

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I had one that I used when grooming dogs. It came out of an old mobile home. I also had a camper sized, 24' mobile home that I lived in behind my parents house while it college which had a 48" tub/shower. So, a mobile home parts dealer may have one...or try an RV repair/sales. You might get lucky.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks