bathroom floor leaking at seams

Users who are viewing this thread

zoglchaim

Reaction score
hi
my bathroom floor is not so leveled. floor covering is continues linoleum. when water gets on it
it would go down to a spot next to the wall at the seam and that's where it's leaking from - water enters between linoleum and the wall, and makes it way down

i didn't install the vinyl baseboard yet

my question is if baseboard would help?
What materials should i use ?

and in general what's the best method to water proof the floor and the seams of the bathroom?

thanks

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A bit confusing... is water running to the wall or coming from under the wall? Sounds like you need to control the water then the problem will not exist. Leaving the water standing will deteriorate the base molding/wall. If you just want to seal it use a siliconized caulk.

zoglchaim

Reaction score
Randyj said:
A bit confusing... is water running to the wall or coming from under the wall? Sounds like you need to control the water then the problem will not exist. Leaving the water standing will deteriorate the base molding/wall. If you just want to seal it use a siliconized caulk.

water is running to the wall

HarleySilo

Reaction score
Do you mean when you get out of the shower and drip water all over the floor it runs over to one side of bathroom? Or do you mean you tub leaks water all over the place and it runs to one side of bathroom? Or do you mean if you dump a bucket of water on the floor it runs over to one side of the bathroom?

Basically I'd like to know what the source of water which pools to one side of the bathroom.....:D

TedL

Reaction score
First you should address the problem that's causing water to get on the floor.

The vinyl base will not by itself provide a watertight seal. You would have to run a bead of caulk on the floor and set the base into it (or have the bead just behind where the base touches the floor) to stop water from running behind.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks