re routing electic plumbing for washer

Users who are viewing this thread

domcal

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to re rout existing plumbing for an electic washer? The plumbing works but the drain pipe is a simple black PCV pipe...the sewer/main drain is across the room and same level.
The washer works but is in the middle of the basement that we're trying to remodel.
Thanks,
Domcal

domcal

Reaction score
kordts said:
Yes, it's possible. Without being there, I can't say if it's probable.

Hi thanks for responding. Could a plumbing move all the plumbing over to the new location of the washer? I figure that the drain pipe would have to stay but we'd have to have a long pipe extending from the washer to the drain which is about 15 ft... is this a bad idea or is there a better alternative? The other plumbing ( hot and cold-copper pipes) seem to be less of an issue?
Domcal

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only problem might be the drain. A drain must be sloped at least 1/4" per foot of length, and a washer drain needs to be 2" diameter, be trapped and vented. There's nothing wrong with ABS pipe (black) if that's what the rest of your drain system is. I'd strong urge you to hire a plumbing contractor for this job, there are too many pitfalls that you might encounter. You're correct that water plumbing and electrical connections will not be difficult to deal with.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
washer

Is it possible to move the washer? Yes, of course it is. Is YOUR plan the best one? Probably not, and it might be the worst one, but someone has to look at it and decide the proper way to move it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks