sewage ejector system dilemna

Users who are viewing this thread

vmplumbing

In the Trades
Reaction score
hello!!

i took a look at a sewage system problem yesterday. the complaint was a possible check valve sticking open, allowing material to fall back into the tank and causing the pump to activate more than it should.

when i arrived, i found the check valve installed at a 45 degree angle---since the cv specified "horizontal" i assumed that replacing this and installing a new valve on the horizontal would do the trick.

i activated the pump, and went to where the 4" line exited the building. after the pump shut off, i could hear material moving back the entire 20' length. this tells me that these folks have another problem besides a faulty check valve...

i'm looking to the experts on this forum for opinions. here is a (not to scale--hehe) drawing of the setup

sewageQuestion.gif

the stick figure would be where i was standing when i heard the material flow back. the 20' length of 4" is fairly horizontal until the last third, where there is a visible slope.

thank you for your time.

R

Rancher

vmplumbing said:
i assumed that replacing this and installing a new valve on the horizontal would do the trick.
Did you do this?

Rancher

vmplumbing

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi Rancher!!

No, I haven't begun any repairs/alterations to the system yet. As soon as i heard the material backflowing (at a fairly rapid clip too i might add) I wanted to get some opinions before possibly making a bad situation worse.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks