attic shower

Users who are viewing this thread

rjherald

Reaction score
i should have given some more information about the existing plumbing. there is a half bath in the attic already(sink and toilet) the sink and toilet are connected to a 3" stack that goes to the downstairs bathroom and through the roof as well. thanks again

bob herald

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Do you have easy access to the plumbing fittings just below? I believe today's standards might require running your new shower drain all the way down to below your lower-floor fixtures, but I also have an old house and I would evaluate the possibility of connecting it right there under the floor.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

That does not give much more enlightenment than the original posting. We would have to know a lot more about how the existing plumbing is installed before we could even guess as to the proper piping, and even then it might not be a DIY job. Call a plumber to look at what you have and discuss the feasibility for a shower with him.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks