Leaking shower receptor

Users who are viewing this thread

julie.utschig

Reaction score
We have a shower receptor (wood frame, vnyl liner, and concrete) which was just installed by a contractor. When tested to see if it held water, it leaked. We are no longer working with that contractor. Do we need to jack hammer the pan out of there and start over? Is there an easier and less expensive solution? Is there something we can do on top of what we have to seal the base which is already in place?

jakhamer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Replace

How unfortunate that you have a leak but it is fortunate that the pan was tested. I know of no cure other than to rebuild the pan.

John Bridge

Mudmeister
Reaction score
Website
johnbridge.com
Hi Julie, :)

I'm not understanding this. Usually, shower pan liners are tested before any mortar goes on top of them, and it's an easy thing to correct leaks at that point. What did I miss?

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Leaking Shower Liner

When we install new shower liners (pans) whether lead or membrane the only gaurantee we offer is that the pan will hold 3" of water for 24 hours. It's basically the tail light gaurantee, after our test passes we cannot be responsible.
It's hard to point the blame in your case...

LonnythePlumber

Plumber, Contractor, Attorney
Reaction score
Other Guy's Fault

Since we are on a plumbing site the problem is the tile setters fault. When we're on John Bridges tile setting forum it is the plumbers fault. Simple and I like it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks