Tub Spout Length

Users who are viewing this thread

lkrides

Reaction score
Hi wonderful people, I have installed a new tub, (replaced one piece shower/tub surround) I would like to get a longer faucet because the one I have now shoots water on to the overflow cover when it is pushed against the wall. Is there a particular brand that is longer than most? My plumbing is set up for slip-on/set-screw.

Thanks in advance.
Lee.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
If your old tub spout is what is causing it to leak onto the overflow plate, replacing it with any new one should fix that problem.

Water slowly erodes the spout opening on the back side, loses that hard edge and then when that happens the water trails back to the wall and onto the overflow plate.

Any universal spout should correct that problem.

lkrides

Reaction score
I understand what you have described, however this is hitting the overflow when the water is flowing. The new tub is deeper (overflow hole to wall) than the old one was. I would like to find a longer one.

lkrides

Reaction score
Nevermind

I found that Danco makes them in a couple of different lengths.
Thanks.

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
I assume that yours is the standard 5-1/4" spout...

Many manufacturers sell a 6-1/2" "extra long" spout. Just do a google search and you'll find many to choose from.

Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks