Low water px

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkMark

Reaction score
during some bathroom work i capped off the supply lines to my bathtub. Now the taps to my kitchen sink have very low water pressure. All other taps in the house seem to be working fine. any ideas on what happened? could the lines be airlocked?
thanks for any help
mark

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
when you caped off your lines you turned off the water when you turned it back on did you open the valves all the way? I'm wondering if the shutoff were under the sink as I have seen that. Not air lock. The shutoff valve may have dislodged something that got caught in the faucet when you turned it back on. Some times the washer brakes up and travels down the line.

Last edited:

MarkMark

Reaction score
i used the main shutoff to the house, and kitchen sink is the furthest fixture from this shutoff and was one of the last ones turned back on after the lines were capped

GoTanklessToday

In the Trades
Reaction score
markmark said:
i used the main shutoff to the house, and kitchen sink is the furthest fixture from this shutoff and was one of the last ones turned back on after the lines were capped

Clean the aerator....

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
When you were messing with the pipes...if metal, you knocked crud loose which went to the kitchen pipes as it was washed downstream....if PVC, then when you sawed the pipe the shavings fell down into the pipe and went the same way... all that collects at places like supply lines, valves, or aerators & screens.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks