Code

Users who are viewing this thread

Worker

Reaction score
Is there anybody from Chicago that can tell me if it's ok to run 4" PVC underground for a bathroom? :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Residential, commercial, inside, outside, under slab, crawl space? Not from that neck of the woods but around here anything goes when it's run to a septic tank. On sewers ductile iron is required from the building to the public sewer line. Local codes vary.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
In Chicago you can use PVC for DWV in residential applications for 3 stories and under. That's aboveground. As far as underground goes, I don't know, but would guess the answer is no. Be aware, if this is permitted job, the inspector will tell you the answer. If you don't pull a permit and get caught, you are in big trouble. Unless you are an off duty fireman.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks