"Trap" water

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I was doing some internet surfing to try to educate myself about "schedule 40" vs. "tubular" sink traps (see other thread for that discussion). In the process, ran across a couple web sites that espouse a theory that you can separate water into a magnetic and a non-magnetic component with a home-built vortex and magnet device. The magnetic compenent is described as sweet-tasting and sort of oily. They refer to this as "trap" (not "tap") water, or "m-state" water, and claim it has a number of health benefits.

Very interesting stuff - a search on "m-state water" will take you there.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have a bridge that I can let you have for about the same price, and it will do you about the same good.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap water

If you spent money on every cockamamy "secret" invention, that makes your life better, you would die a poor man, and not necessarily a healthier one. There is one device that a rep showed me last week to "transform" the water, not purify or soften it, but you need a semi trailer of equipment to prove that it is doing anything.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
scientifically possible, since not untrue

the way that scientists justify this kind of thinking is to call it theory.

All thinking, all theory, all theorizing, can be good.

The big question is to show HOW the thinking ("theory") has a practical use. All theory, big and small, has to be put to the test, over time, in different situations. It must do something good and useful for us, at some point, or else it will get discarded, like millions of other theories.

You could call it conjecture.

If it produces no tangible result, no difference in reality, is it "false"? No, it is just not yet proven one way or the other.

So... quacks can make stuff up, like a part A.) and a part B.) -- which is not necessarily false, but it seems to have no grounding in anything close to reality and practical use either. Until it produces a useful result it's just a lot of thinking, hooey, crap, and smoke that can confuse the willing-to-spend

Then, the quasi-scientist keeps on going for decades, fleecing lambs who are ready to be fleeced since they will let anyone with a theory sell them anything as long as the guy sounds like he knows what he is saying. Of course, the quasi-fraudman always sounds sincere, since he made the whole theory up himself and he knows it inside out. Unfortunately, it is not unlawful or illegal to sell people crap that they will swallow, and also not "crap with a theory to back it up" too.

If the theory backing it up can be proven positive and beneficial, it is no longer a scam sucking in the innocent. Unfortunately, billions of people have suffered from stuff wrapped in theories. Their money, and their health.

david

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
or

Or the "gas expanders" that heated the gas before it got to the carburetor to give you better mileage. They worked great in an air conditioned laboratory. In the hot environment of the engine compartment, where it was already being "thermally expanded" it was a different story. One sheriff's deputy put one on his squad car and it was continually vapor locking. He threatened to sue the salesperson who also happened to be a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks