HELP - gas funace will not stay on

Users who are viewing this thread

peter s

Reaction score
last night a toilet overflowed on the 2nd floor causing water to run down into the laundry/furnace room . . . since then then furnace will try three times to ignite and stop. It's a carrier weather maker 8000.

I've turned the gas and power off to the unit and let it sit for over 5 minutes, when I turn it back on, the (glow light) turns red and the four gas burners kick on, but only for a few seconds . . . it repeats the process 3 times and stops.

It's now only 50 in my house and we're in single digits outside . . . PLEASE ANY HELP!!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Call a service tech. There is a sensor that detects the flame, to keep the gas flowing, and it is not working for what ever reason. Just a guess from here though but that is what it sounds like.

chas22

Reaction score
Make sure everything is dried up. Look for a small metal rod that is in the flame on one of the burners. Once located, get some fine sand cloth or paper and clean this rod then retry. Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks