PEX and NG...

Users who are viewing this thread

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I've been reading that Australia allows (?) natural gas to be PEX'ed and I'm wondering why we don't (that is correct, we don't??)... I really don't know much about PEX when it comes to gas and thought it would make for an interesting conversation...

Pete

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm wrong?

gassystem.jpg

http://www.wirsbosystems.com/html_gas/main_gas.html

I found this... so I take it to mean I'm wrong... I'm interested in learning (and talking about) more about this.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rancher

There's lots of PEX on E Bay for gas, but I don't know.

Rancher

OldPete

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I see Terry did a little edit on my post -- that's the picture... I'm really interested in this stuff. Don't normal people read Playboy or something in the toilet? Why do I have Uponor PDFs in there?

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
kordts said:
Around here, Ni-Gas runs it services in yellow plastic of some kind.
Probably HDPE pipe - we use it a lot for underground stuff - heat fusion weld the fittings on ...
A pain to work with at times in the larger sizes ( 4" and up) but smaller stuff is OK.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks