Elevated water chamber cases too much pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Ken W

Reaction score
Hello,

I am renting a home that has a toilet that is fed water from a water chamber that is about three feet high(over the toilet). The water chamber holds about 11 liters of water. When the toilet is flushed, the huge water pressure resulting from the chamber height always causes water to splash out of the toilet bowl which causes quite an unsanitary mess. Is there a simple solution to this?

In advance, thank you.

Ken

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cistern

IF it has a rubber "flapper" at the bottom you could try using an adjustable one and cut the flush time down to the minimum required to flush the bowl. That should minimize, if not eliminate, the problem.

Ken W

Reaction score
Elevated Cistern

Hello,

When you mention an adjustable flapper, in what way is the flapper adjustable? Is there a picture of such an adjustable flapper on the internet?

In advance, thank you.

Ken

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to buy a new toilet, one with the bowl together with the tank. Save water, no splashing and looks better (in my opinion).

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Flappers are adjustable in various ways. The size of the hole, the weight, the float. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flapper

If your home improvement store or hardware, has the Lavelle Korky brand they have a flapper with a hole on the side and a dial on the top. You turn the dial to control how fast the air exits the hole and therefore how long or short the flush will be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks