Help! Well water not coming into house

Users who are viewing this thread

Daisy

Reaction score
My tank has been pressurized, electrician removed old pressure gauge and replaced it with a new one. It worked for two days and now someting is not clicking on to pump the water into the tank. Have called every one I can for answers. One said it might be a starter switch. Please help as everyone said that there will be a charge of at least $125.00 just to look at it.

R

Rancher

Daisy said:
electrician removed old pressure gauge and replaced it with a new one.
Electrictians do electical work so I'm guessing he replaced the pressure switch, and not gauge? First, check the circuit breaker, then check the pressure switch, that the 3" x 5" box that sits on the pipe either on your above ground pump, or near your tank. It has a cover, remove it, you can physically close the contacts with something non-metalic, i.e. plastic see what happens...

Rancher

Daisy

Reaction score
Re: well water not workingl

Thanks 'Rancher' for your response. The electrician was out again and after checking everything decided that the pump itself was not working. Everything had power including the motor. I have heard horror stories about the cost of replacing a pump. What can I expect to pay for a new one?

R

Rancher

I see all the pump suppliers are asleep again... It depends on what horse power pump you need, the HP you need depends on how deep you pump is. Price for the pump alone is $300-$3,000 buy it from the well guy or you won't find a well guy that will install it if you bought it somewhere else.

Rancher

Daisy

Reaction score
Thanks again 'Rancher'

So far I have found it is 1/2 horse, 115 volts. My neighbor has let me hook up my hose to his water. tomorrow I will call USG to find out who drilled the well, call them to find out how deep it is and go on from there. My house was built in 1955. In the meantime I have water. It will so nice to take a shower again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks