Garburator problems with installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Kitty-Temple

Reaction score
This is my first post here so I hope I make this clear enough. I attempted to install a new garburator and found that the fittings under my kitchen sink are seized and it seems as though they are glued together. Is there some way to unstick the fittings without sawing through them and purchasing all new fittings? Please advise. Thank you. P.S. I haven't the slightest clue about plumbing and I only purchased this garuburator because the box said it would be simple to install. OOPS!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The drain plumbing should not have been glued. If it really is, then cut it out and put in new without the glue.

Kitty-Temple

Reaction score
thanks

Thank you all for replying so quickly. I was afraid it would be necessary to cut out fittings. I think I will end up waiting on this project.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

Some plumbers use glued together drain fittings to make it difficult, if not impossible, for the homeowner to do his/her own repairs or revisions. We would have to see a picture to determine if that is really what you have.

Kitty-Temple

Reaction score
pics of problem

I will take a picture this evening when I get home from work and post it. I don't want to abandon this project already but I have little confidence in my ability to do this on my own and the books I've looked at aren't helping me so far.

Kitty-Temple

Reaction score
This job has become way too complicated and I have hired a plumber, but I did want to thank the people again who gave me advise. Thanks!! :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks