Cast iron to PVC for Shower and Toilet Concrete Floor

Users who are viewing this thread

boverton

Reaction score
Ok, I jackhammered up my concrete floor in the basement so I could move around my Shower and toilet, looks like the old pipes are all cast iron, but my plumber is going to convert this to PVC runs to the Toilet and Shower.

There is a small hairline crack, about 2-inches at the opening of the cast pipe (Like a 4-5" pipe) that remains for him to hook up to. The crack is on the top of the pipe at the joint (Female joint). Is there any way to repair this, the only other option would be to jack hammer out another 10+ feet of flooring and who knows, that will probably crack another pipe, or worse and there are more Y in the floor I am sure going to other rooms, etc...

These pipes will eventually be all covered in gravel, vapor barier and then 3-4" of cement on top of that, so I doubt any gases could get through there?

Thoughts?
Bryan

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Should be able to expose the pipe just past the crack and use snappers to cut it there....
No need to expose a full length...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks