Check Valves in feed lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
Here is an article that was published in the National Driller magazine. It was written by Robert Pelikan in the Tech Topics section. He has been writing articles for many years and is very informative. This article starts out with an error in judgement he made last month about check valves in feed lines from the tank to the pump.

Anyone wishing to subscribe to this magazine (it's free) can PM/email me and I'll scan their subscription card and send it to you.

Sorry about the fuzzy letters, but that was as large as I could make the file to get it to fit the maximum download size.

bob...

Attachments

• Robert Pelikan.jpg
    Robert Pelikan.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 255

Raucina

Reaction score
Sure its a valid point, but how many people run their pipe line from the wellhead to the pressure tank and dreaded check valve through a pig sty wetted manure sump? And for those that do, how many have pin-hole leaks?

And how on earth did we survive before the dreaded bladder [colon] tanks came into being, and EVERYONE had to have a check valve for make up air at the tanks. Lets see the statistics on illness and death from the days of standard tanks from suction leaks regarding pin hole leaks on the make up air side of the tanks. What about all those dreaded schrader valves that might suck a molecule of a dog turd into the pipe if the yard floods? Better BAN standard tanks.

Anyone can postulate a scenario for bacterial contamination of wells with a pencil - and pop off a new law for the government enforcers to suck our blood with while they weight their desks down. Its a bigger leap to show a practical result from the excercise.

I am pro choice for check valves. Honk if you love check valves.

Speedbump

Reaction score
No honking here.

Check valves at the pump is the amateur way of doing things. That may be why Sta-Rite chose to build one into the end of their shallow well jets sold at Sears for so many years.

bob...

R

Rancher

Raucina said:
And how on earth did we survive before the dreaded bladder [colon] tanks came into being, and EVERYONE had to have a check valve for make up air at the tanks. Lets see the statistics on illness and death from the days of standard tanks from suction leaks regarding pin hole leaks on the make up air side of the tanks.
But then again, who would have believed 25 years ago that drinking water would cost more than gasoline...

Rancher

Speedbump

Reaction score
Very good Rancher. I have always been amazed at what a bunch of scare tactics can do for the price of water.

Do you drink a lot of water? I know all the people running around under the age of 50 seem to be either sipping on a plastic bottle filled with pure rocky mountain spring water (which actually came from some companys tap then run through a GAC filter to remove the chlorine) or a steaming cup of Latte or however it's spelled.

Well I want y'all to know my water comes in a can with Budweiser written on it. I know my water is heated to a temperature that will kill all known bacteria. Very much unlike the bottled water of today. I guess the Latte is safe though.

bob...

R

Rancher

speedbump said:
my water comes in a can with Budweiser written on it. I know my water is heated to a temperature that will kill all known bacteria.
And just look at all the nutrients you get with your water, Carbs, Proteins etc. Remember "Researchers at Oregon State University say that a compound found in beer inhibits a protein in the cells along the surface of the prostate gland, preventing prostate cancer."

Rancher

Speedbump

Reaction score
I guess I won't have to worry about that one. I quit smoking about 20 years ago, so my lungs are safe. I wonder what other good qualities beer has? I have always believed in the weakest Buffalo theory with brain cells.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
In California many waters costs MORE than WINE. So I make sure to filter all my water through grapes where the sugar content has been altered to alcohol- strictly for its antibacterial activity- in case a chicken shat upon my Schrader valves. Water for washing, wine for drinking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks