Hi! need shower/tub combo buy advice

Users who are viewing this thread

tripledouble

Reaction score
Hi everybody. wow, lots of knowledge on the site. i appreciate that this is here. I am rehabbing an abandoned house and all informed perspectives are extremely helpful.

I am looking for a small shower/tub combo with a width UNDER 60"

the ideal is 48" x 36", but if its a little bigger, i can manage. my dad swears that there used to be models made in this size, but i'm having great difficulty locating any. ACrylic or fiberglass.

Anyone have any recomendations of brands/stores/plumbing gurus to call?

thanks so much and may your pipes never leak.
-tony

tripledouble

Reaction score
thanks hj,
i saw lasco had 54"s. you dont know of anything shorter?
(i havent found anything in the shower/tub variety)

Does LAsco have a good rep?

thanks much

Lancaster

Reaction score
I have never seen a 48" tub-shower.And the only 48" tubs I have seen were leg tubs.If anybody would have one,I would imagine it would be a trailer supply house,they often have some unique equipment not usually found in the run of the mill supply houses.
Lasco probably sells more fiberglass than anybody.I've never had any issues with their units.A couple "high dollar" customers didnt like them because they weren't fancy enough.

JohnD

Reaction score
American standard makes a 48" porcelian covered steel tub. It is only like 27" to 29" wide though. You would need to either tile for your surround,or get a glue up that is five piece so that it could be cut down, and still be able to cover your cuts in the corners.

Kohler also has a 48" soaking tub, not sure of the width, but is very deep approx. 40" deep it is acrylic. This is a drop in tub, so it probably wouldn't meet your needs.

If I run accross those model numbers I will post them tonight.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

If the space is 60" why would you want a 48" tub, which would be almost useless for anything other than a shower basin? Mot people want the largest that fits into a space, rather than the smallest.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks