Installing a New Spa! Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

haley_pace

Reaction score
We are purchasing a two-person spa for our home bathroom. We have absolutely no experience installing a spa, but are on a low budget and want to do it ourselves. Could someone give me a step-by-step layman's guide to installing a spa? Or is this too difficult for someone with no experience? My father-in-law is a good handyman, but has never installed a spa. What materials do we need, as well? Thanks for all your help!

Haley :)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you don't have the thing yet, go to the manufacturer's web site and download the installation instructions, read them, then ask questions about what you don't understand. While there are some things that are common to all, each manufacturer has his own ideas about what is right for their product. Read that first, then ask more...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Spa install

First, make absolutely certain your floor will support the weight of the spa with water. Water weighs something like 8 lbs per gallon, and a two person spa likely holds 250 to 300 gallons, and when you add the weight of the spa and 2 people, you are looking at over 3000 lbs! If the floor structure OK, then the key to spa installation inside or outside is to properly support the unit. Spas have designed places for supporting and you need to know where those places are and provide rock solid and level supports in those areas. Because of the weight, there is more to it than a regular bath tub or shower stall. My outdoor 2 person spa is supported with 4x6 beams with 4x6 legs on concrete. The beams were leveled and cross-braced before installing the unit. Get the owner manuel for you particular spa and read up on it. You would be well advised to check with you local building inspector and/or a contractor to be sure your floor will hold the weight.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks