Pressure tank won't fill

Users who are viewing this thread

cheri1981

Reaction score
Friday night one of our breakers for the well pump blew, I left it off for the night and we figured we would deal with it in the morning. We have had low water in the wells in the past and figured it was just pumping air. The next morning, we switched back on the well and still got no water in the holding tank. After not running water all night we should of had some in the well. We finally turned on the pump and openned the faucet to find that the water just kept flowing. There is water in the well. We have checked the air pressure in the tank and it is fine. The pressure switch is coming on. We have removed the tank and cleaned all the piping to the tank, we have cleaned all the contacts to the switch and removed the pressure guage and made sure no debris was plugged there. Any clue why the pressure tank will not fill? Thank you.

R

Rancher

We probably need more info, I know I do...

Submersible pump, or above ground pump?

You turned on the faucet at the tank? And there was water flowing out of it? You checked the pressure in the tank, was it empty at the time? What does the pressure gauge read while the pump is running? Why do you think water is not going into the tank? When you have the pump running and you get water flowing out of the faucet at the tank, do you get water at the house if you close that faucet?

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks