PVC pipe into cast iron waist pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

tow

Reaction score
Ok, I am replacing my existing drain pipe from my kitchen sink (from galvanized to PVC). My question is how do I get the galvanized pipe put of the cast iron pipe, and then what is the proper way secure into the cast iron waist pipe. Any suggestions will probably save me hours of work.

The galvanized pipe right know is stuck into the cast pipe with some sort of hard filler around it to seal it and lock it in.

ddmoit

Reaction score
If your galvanized pipe is going into a hub connected to the iron pipe, and the hub and galvanized pipe are in pretty good shape in that vicinity, I would cut the galvanized pipe a few inches before the hub and connect the PVC pipe to it with a Fernco coupler. That's my amateur opinion.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It's probably a threaded connection...use a big wrench, then put in a pvc threaded connection and continue to the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks