Qs about heating system/ eliminating power vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Alleycat

Reaction score
Perhaps this isn't a plumbing question but you all know so much, maybe you can direct me. Internet searches have not turned up much. We have a 2yr old home with hot water heat. They installed the power vent right under the bedroom window, which keeps us awake at night in the winter (and I don't like the idea of the fumes constantly running by the window!) So we would like to eliminate the power vent by having a chimney installed and I'm told we have two options, installing it inside the adjacent garage which would require cutting through the garage roof, or installing some kind of metal pipe on the outside wall of the house. The contractor who built the house has moved away. I'm looking for any info about what type of professional to hire, what option is best/ safest/ etc., and generally what questions I should be asking about this project.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks