tank tablet for rust/hard water

Users who are viewing this thread

ddmoit

Reaction score
I have seen the advice against using those blue tablets in the tank. What about white tablets for treating rust/hard water stains? I saw some at my local Ace Hardware today.

Will I get "white goo" instead of "blue goo"?

Racer814

Reaction score
I tell my customers not to put ANYTHING in the tank

especially "2000 flushes"... you can smell the chlorine from those things when you take the lid off:eek:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I have heard that putting anything in a toilet tank can eventually cause problems with internal plastic parts, but my wife found this stuff somewhere and we have had no problems over the past two years we have been using it. However, it disappears too quickly if you just drop it in the tank, and it once got pulled into our flush valve and blocked it open. So, I now use its packaging blister like a cup to contain it and to let it dissolve more slowly, and I put a large (3/4") washer on top to hold it in place in the corner of the tank. And yes, at least for us, it essentially eliminates rust stains in our bowl and tank. Interestingly, however, that washer is beginning to corrode ...

Attachments

• rustgard00487.jpg
    rustgard00487.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
I've always put all that goop onto the "crap" category. Just something to get your money.....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks