basement bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

mike w

Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting a bathroom in my basement.The ceiling is only 79",will this be a problem?There is also the problem on one wall where the mortor is crumbling.should I consider the option of new walls as well as lowering the basement floor?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That would require a low showerhead, and bending over to rinse your hair out unless you sunk the pan. Course, stepping down into the shower might not be the safest thing,either. You could mount the showerhead coming out of the ceiling, but I think (at least I know I would) you would hit the ceiling occasionally. Sounds like, unless it is restricted to adolescents or other height challenged people, it wouldn't be a very satisfying shower unless you lower the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks