gut rehab - fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

nocry

Reaction score
i have gutted and am now rehabing a 7' x 8' galley bathroom with tub and toilet on the left and double lav sink and door on the right.

this is the only full bath in a three bedroom townhouse. i have two year twins and need some flexibility with both temp control and the amount of water that comes out.

i also want to be able to have a hand held wand in addition to the tub spout.

what pieces will i be needing??? do body spreays matter?

please let me have your thoughts on which brands are worth putting in. Is grohe worth the upcharge? what should the discount off list be? and lastly, does chrome vs satin nickel matter in so far as value vs simply taste???

any advice is worth it since this is a once in 50 year redo.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Polished Chrome never goes out of style. Who knows how long the satin nickel craze will last.

Body sprays are over-rated......just my opinion.

Make sure to get a pressure balanced ( scald-guard) feature for the protection of the little ones.

Best value balanceing style/availability of parts, etc. is major brands like Delta or Moen.....also PP and A/S

Contractors get discounts off list. Homeowners theoretically pay list, although one of our big suppliers does have a retail showroom and they will typicall give a homeowner a courtesy 5 to 10 % off list. The homestores will be priced considerably below catalog list, on items in the store. On a special order 10 to 20 % off list would be typical.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I bought my Grohe stuff off of the web at around 40% off list. Pressure balanced stuff with a volume control (many don't have volume controls) would be the minimum. I personally like the temperature controlled valves. Is Grohe worth the cost, probably not, but (I think anyways) I like the way it is put together. Problem is, you never know when you'll need parts. Grohe stuff is not stocked everywhere. If it is where you are, then it may not make much difference. One of the US brands, like Delta, may be a better choice, and you can get parts (nearly) anywhere, and probably on a SUnday.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks