High flow kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Amopower

Reaction score
What sorts of GPM would a high flow kitchen faucet tend to output? 2.2gpm? more? I thought that mine was rather slow, but I measured it today and it was around 2 gpm or a little more. I guess I am lookign for something even higher. Any ideas?
Thanks

Amopower

Reaction score
I just want a stronger flow rate. If I am filling up a gallon jug or a large pot, I don't want to have to wait forever. If the flow is too fast, I'd rather have the power to turn the handle down a little, than to be stuck with a maximum rate.
I read though that there is a 2.2GPM limit on faucets nowadays, so maybe there's not much I can do. Ever go to a gas station and have the guy next to you also fill up, and notice the lovely slowwww rate the gas comes out? That's what it feels like.
I do have a Moen that has a pullout sprayer. You guessed right!
My water pressure is 60 psi on the nose.

TedL

Reaction score
jimbo said:
2.2 GPM is the federally mandated max rate for faucets.

Most faucets rely on a flow restrictor included as part of the aerator to achieve that low flow rate. It usually is a disk with a small hole in the center, which can be easily removed.

Amopower

Reaction score
I noticed the flow is less if I am on full hot or full cold. In the middle is the best flow. I suppose that is normal behavior though.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks