low water pressure in the shower

Users who are viewing this thread

mudd

Reaction score
is there a type of shower head that helps with this problem?

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
Maybe your current shower head is just a little clogged and needs to be cleaned. Have you tried that first.

Take off the shower head and then run he shower...how's the water flow coming out of the shower arm? If its a small amount without much pressure then a different shower head won't help...you need to find the cause of the low pressure.

If the flow/pressure seems good then just clean the shower head or buy a new one of just about any style. I would stay away from the large shower heads, though, if you want to feel the pressure of the water spray.

Good luck.

WalterJohnson

Reaction score
A great find.. and buy

I have been a property manager for over 17 years for a large property management company based in the mid-west. I have been dealing with the issue of low water pressure since day one as most of our residential properties are, unfortunately, located in areas where the water pressure is quite low. If I had a dollar for every time a resident or tenant complained to me about their weak showers I would be a very rich man today. To try and solve this problem we must have tried just about every shower head that has ever been made, mostly with really poor results - the tenants hated them & threw them out (usually within a day or two after we installed them)as they did nothing to improve the quality of the shower spray. In some cases they even made the situation worse. Basically we were buying a lot of worthless, junk shower heads. About 4 years ago a local plumber told me about a company in Boston that claimed to specialize in shower heads specifically for low water pressure, their name was Water Management and their web site was: www.takeashower.com. To be honest, my first thoughts were: great, more worthless junk. Well, to make a long story short, we bought a few, installed them and to our amazement, we were amazed. They worked and performed beautifully. Needless to say, we have since replaced all of our shower heads with theirs, and we could not be more satisfied. If you have low water pressure in your shower I would encourage you to give this company a call, or visit their web site. And by the way, I have not been paid a dime to write this, it is an honest commentary from a very satisfied customer.

msullivan02

Reaction score
:confused: Are you sure?? Cause I've seen that same sales pitch in other forums...Bob vila etc.

You know, It's one thing to advertize a product (which I'm fine with) But it's totally different to do so and try to play yourself off as a satisfied customer.:(

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
you can feel comfortable with internet personas after someone has posted more than 20 times -- you begin to see a personality, character, and a consistent level of skill and knowledge. In discussion forums, phoney usernames get created just to get a discussion going on a topic. It's the best fodder to give search engines to find the site with.

I object most strongly to phonies using the thread to create doubt and confusion about products from a non-sponsor. I also object to the fact that many key participants spend time and effort to help while all they are really doing is spinning their wheels.

The above poster doesn't ring true; although whoever has the password can come back and object, acting like the real McCoy. Let's discuss friction losses in shower heads then, and not a miracle that improves flow.

David

msullivan02

Reaction score
geniescience said:
you can feel comfortable with internet personas after someone has posted more than 20 times -- you begin to see a personality, character, and a consistent level of skill and knowledge. In discussion forums, phoney usernames get created just to get a discussion going on a topic. It's the best fodder to give search engines to find the site with.

I object most strongly to phonies using the thread to create doubt and confusion about products from a non-sponsor. I also object to the fact that many key participants spend time and effort to help while all they are really doing is spinning their wheels.

The above poster doesn't ring true; although whoever has the password can come back and object, acting like the real McCoy. Let's discuss friction losses in shower heads then, and not a miracle that improves flow.

David

I totally agree!:D

Now back on to the subject of low water pressure...
I just remodeled a small shower room and I installed a "Tuscany Brass" shower head and valve with a single handle, and my water pressure in the shower is low, the water barely makes it to the drain. (4'x3' prefab stall).
When I take the shower head off I seem to have good pressure, I did take the shower head apart and cleaned out the debris that was in there, but it didn't help. Is anyone familiar with this brand of shower head? Could my problem just be the fact that I bought a crappy shower head and faucet?
:eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks