shallow well not flowing, help me fix plz???

Users who are viewing this thread

wisil

Reaction score
Hi everyone new member hope some one can help.
my wife and i bought our first house this past november and the well was pumping good it would take about 4-5 min to recover after we flushed the old toilet as time went on the longer it would take to recover. i had a plumer come out and he took all the pipes apart and put them all back together and it worked great for a week it would take only 2 min. to recover after a flush after that week it started to get longer and longer now we have nothing so we bought a new pump and new pipes and put it all together. and all we get is a trickle.

so for some background on the house it has not been lived in for the last 7-8 years if you look down the pipe the water level is only 30 inches down the pipe i think the pipe is only 20 -25 feet deep the pump that was on there was a 1/2 hp shallow well jet pump the one i bought is a 3/4 hp shallow well jet pump there is a check valve in the pump and i also have one one the top of the well pipe it is a 1 1/4 inch pipe im not sure what kind of point is down there and the well is in the basement

so at this point i feel that the point is clogged there is plenty of water but its just not flowing when i took off the check valve the water was to the top of the pipe and went down very slow

my thought is to drill a hole in a 1 1/4 in. cap and fit it with a nipple to my air compresser and force the water down and out to try and clean out some of the point. is this a good or bad idea??? can some one please let me know what else i can do to clean this point out i dont want to drill a deep well yet i would like to get another 5 to 10 years out of this one if i can the other thought is to try and pull this one out and put a new point and new pipes right in the same hole any help would be great

thanks
:)
sorry for the book i just typed :eek: just tring to get you all the info i can

Speedbump

Reaction score
You need to find some Nu-Well tablets. Do a search for them. There is quite a bit of discussion on your exact problem. There is even an address where you can order them.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks