screen door

Users who are viewing this thread

fast pasquale

hardwood flooring contractor
Reaction score
I have to install a screen door (98 dollar one at home cheapo).. i have limited carpentry skills... any tricks of the trad I should be aware of before i get going with this one.... thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Install the hinge side plumb in both directions. Take extra care on this step. Then uses some blocks to hold the door up at the proper level when you put it into the hinge channel. Take plenty of time to ensure you have the correct margins all the way across the top and along the latch side of jamb. Now put in the screws in the hinge channel. Buy some extra self-tappers and use about twice as many as come with the door!

When drilling for the latch, start with a small pilot hole, and work up in 2 steps to the final size...3/8 or whatever they call for. You will end up with a neater hole.

fast pasquale

hardwood flooring contractor
Reaction score
jimbo.. thanks so much for taking the time to reply.. im installing it tomorrow actually.. but will refer to you directions as im installing.. ill let you know how it goes.. thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks