Need diagram for plumb on a double kitchen sink left side 10" right side 8"

Users who are viewing this thread

C

cottagepeople

Please help. We installed a new granite double basin kitchen sink
The left side is deeper than the right side.
I dont know how the plumbing should be. The way I did it , the water
is leveling back into the sink. Can anyone send me a diagram of how it should be. We have a dish washer with air vent on top also. Here is a link for a pic of novice handywork...
HELP Thanks ronandtheresa@gmail.com:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Casman

Reaction score
kordts said:
I said it on the plumber.com and will say it here. The drain line needs to be snaked.

Why would a new counter-top and double sink clog the drain?

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Read the post. The plumbing backs up. The countertop is just fine, the countertop has nothing to do with it. The poster needs to have a plumber with the proper equipment snake the drain.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
kordts said:
Read the post. The plumbing backs up. The countertop is just fine, the countertop has nothing to do with it. The poster needs to have a plumber with the proper equipment snake the drain.

Yes. The picture shows everything fine under the sink, but the shallow side of the sink drains into the deeper one because the drainage has nowhere else to go.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
kordts said:
lee,
are you a plumber? The sink backs up because the drain line is clogged.

I am an across-the-board mechanic, and it does not take a professional plumber to know the drainage has nowhere to go ... as in "the drain is clogged". I was simply using different words to confirm what you had said.

R

Rancher

Yeah, needs a snake run down that convenient clean out to the left of the P-trap.

Rancher

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
plumber1 said:
And run a lot of water while pulling the snake out.

Once flow has begun, I have heard that alternating between a few minutes of cold and then hot water can cause blockages to contract and expand and break loose from the inside walls of the pipe ... kind of like a "heat wrench" for plumbing internals. But, I do not whether that really works even though I have done it a few times.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks