Large Brass (or Chrome-Plated) Slip Joint Nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

showboat

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find large brass or chrome-plated slip joint nuts with associated washers? I need two new 2-1/4" x 2" washers. The largest I have been able to find is 2" x 2".

Thanks a bunch.

David D.

Last edited:

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like you need some 2" compression nuts and ferrules (for DWV work)...
can you take a picture of what you are trying to do?

showboat

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I am looking for two large slip nuts and the associated washers to replace two that I am removing that are very pitted, scarred and in places disintegrating. They are coming off of the 2" flush pipe that is attaching a wall-mounted toilet tank to the bowl. The flush pipe is brass and I would like to have brass slip nuts, if possible. The ones I am replacing look to be pot metal that was chrome plated. These slip nuts attach the flush pipe to the spud on the bowl end and the flush valve bottom on the tank end.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank a bunch,
David

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Check the brand of the flush valve - the manufacturers make repair kits for these valves...

showboat

Reaction score
I have attached a drawing of the slip joint nut that I am looking for. I don't think the manufacturer of the flush valve is still around, although you can still find flush valves like this (all brass). The toilet is very old, but all the parts are in really good order (except for the seals/washers). I hope not to have to replace the guts of the toilet.

David

Attachments

• WC89F.gif
    WC89F.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 444

showboat

Reaction score
Or am I just not measuring the slip nut correctly? Are the REAL measurements on a 2" x 2" slip joint nut really 2 x 2?

showboat

Reaction score
I think I am just being ignorant. I think the 2 x 2 is what I need. I am going to order some solid brass ones now, if I can find them. Thanks.

Achutch

Reaction score
Showboat,

You are right. They are 2-inch slip joint nuts. Three out of my four toilets are antiques, have the elbow between the tank and the bowl, and use 2-inch slip joint nuts. I am able to find them (elbows too) in a small town hardware store here in Vermont. They usually come in a pack of 2 and include the washers. If your hardware stores don't carry them, a plumbing supply store will.

Good luck on your find, and more power to you for keeping your antique alive and well!

achutch

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Find a plumber that has access to a quality supplier. '(Wolverine Brass)' is one that comes to mind. They would be 2" cast brass (jam nuts). Probably can get them from (Kohler co) also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks