Hansgrohe shower panel?

Users who are viewing this thread

nmodi

Reaction score
Hansgrohe shower panel?

We are doing remodelling in home and putting new master bathroom. I am considering putting Hansgrohe shower panel in the shower. I have looked at other brands and except Grohe, this one is the most expensive. Being a newbee, I would like to know is it worth to spend extra couple of hundreds on brand name - Hansgrohe?
Price difference is around 300 to 400 for shower panels.

kc567567

Reaction score
nmodi said:
Hansgrohe shower panel?
We are doing remodelling in home and putting new master bathroom. I am considering putting Hansgrohe shower panel in the shower. I have looked at other brands and except Grohe, this one is the most expensive. Being a newbee, I would like to know is it worth to spend extra couple of hundreds on brand name - Hansgrohe?
Price difference is around 300 to 400 for shower panels.

We are in the same boat ..... however i already have it in hand but won't have it installed for 4-5 weeks i expect. Supposedly the parts are all high quality and the amount of aluminum used is obviously substantial. Pricing individual valves, jets etc instead was more expensive …… especially if you factor in the more complex plumbing required (the tower itself requires only simple connections).

Of course the real test is only going to happen once its running. I will post pictures and updates once the project begins if interested. Is the picture the same unit you were looking at?

Attachments

• grohe__06549.jpg
    grohe__06549.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 6,892
Last edited:

kc567567

Reaction score
The reno has begun ..... wish me luck!

Gone ..... now in 3x3 foot pieces .... took a hole day to remove!

The_before_2.jpg

Out of the box ..... just checking for all the parts .... looks OK.

tower_reno002.jpg

Day 1:

Ready for the base.

tower_reno003.jpg

Here's the base.

tower_reno006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kc567567

Reaction score
For those of you looking for the specific's of the tower here is the model i am installing ( well my contractor is really I suppose).

0-tower002.jpg

OOPS, apparently i seem to have ordered a A380 Jet Engine by mistake .... dang!

0-tower005.jpg

If anyone cares, here is the tile and 3x6 accent we are putting in ..... ya, i know, kind of boring…… got a 1.5x6 stainless tile/accent as well ….. should I bother with it?

0-tiles012.jpg

KC

kc567567

Reaction score
Hansgrohe shower panel .... install/reno in progress ...pictures

OK, here we are at the end of Day 3 …… base in, center plywood for the grab bars in place, some kind of green board on the ceiling and a light (reused from the crappy 15 year old 'builders special' enclosure). We plan on tiling the ceiling …. that might be interesting.

3-mainbath008.jpg

I've had this door since early January, about 7 weeks ago and it has a 2-4 week lead time to get one. Now that were in the middle of the job, I decide today to open it, check it’s the right finish, and make sure its not broken. Some brilliant project planning on my part, I must say …. not to worry, its OK. It looks anxious to be installed.

3-framless_door009.jpg

KC

kc567567

Reaction score
Hey, “nmodiâ€

I guess I more or less hijacked your ‘Hansgrohe shower panel?’ thread with my Hansgrohe install ….. flame away if your upset????

KC

Techno Tim

Reaction score
Website
www.tapstore.com
Hans Grohe Shower panel

Coulple of notes from an interested Englishman,

Do not tile the ceiling,

They will eventually fall off damaging you or your tray(Shower base),they will drip with condensation yuck!

simply a coulple of nice lights and some form of extraction would be good.

With Hansgrohe products especially shower panels you will need a good water pressure too run it in the UK we would be quoting a Minimum of 3.0bar pressure, have you checked this out?

3.0 bar is the equivelant of storing your water 90 feet above your head I suppose you must have mains pressure or a big pump.

Hansgrohe are Chinese parts put together in Germany too make them look Made in Germany mainly Don,t worry as they have good quality controll and as long as you have the pressure you will be happy with the shower.

The pictures are great as I am tring to work out the differences between what you would use accross the pond.

keep posting.........

kc567567

Reaction score
Going to go with tile on the ceiling .... others seem not to have a problem with it and I like the look. From what i hear greenboard is not to be used in showers anymore but code here is the first 4 feet only ..... i have it higher as i asked for but if i was doing it again i would go entirely with cement board.

Day 4

4-mainbath003.jpg

Day 5

5-mainbath001.jpg

Day 6
The tile is mostly in. The 'Glass' tile is problematic ,,,,,, if the backing paper is nicked or jagged it will show and the contractor is having trouble making decent cuts. They are also slightly longer than the 6” edge of the white 6x8, leaving a narrow grouted channel.

I don’t know, the glass looks great except for the 2 corners where the custom cuts of glass meet. I might rip it out and go with a solid white tile in the corners and then plant the corner shelves there ,,,,, undecided for now.

KC

kc567567

Reaction score
Hansgrohe shower panel .... the install continues!

Day 8
Grouting nearly finished.

8-mainbath001.jpg

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
kerdi the ceiling

i saw you said you'd tile the ceiling. You put greenboard there.

If you put the orange waterproofing membrane (kerdi) on the ceiling, it'll protect the greenboard from growing mold. Also FWIW it'll bring the shower space up to the standard of a steam shower, in case anyone some day wants to spend $1000 to add a steam machine behind the walls and pipe it into the space..

Greenboard, a kind of sheetrock panel, is rigid when wet, instead of turning to mush. But it is still the wrong stuff to have around high humidity air. Its only advantage over regular gypsum board is its stiffness when wet; this does not make it waterproof or hygienic.

David

kc567567

Reaction score
geniescience said:
i saw you said you'd tile the ceiling. You put greenboard there.If you put the orange waterproofing membrane (kerdi) on the ceiling, it'll protect the greenboard from growing mold. Also FWIW it'll bring the shower space up to the standard of a steam shower, in case anyone some day wants to spend $1000 to add a steam machine behind the walls and pipe it into the space..
Greenboard, a kind of sheetrock panel, is rigid when wet, instead of turning to mush. But it is still the wrong stuff to have around high humidity air. Its only advantage over regular gypsum board is its stiffness when wet; this does not make it waterproof or hygienic.David

Yes, i would not use greenboard again but i was too late in surfing the Forums before i found out that it has fallen out of favor. Most of the older tiling guys just carry on doing what they aways did.

In this case i don't go to the full ceiling of the bathroom. Above is essentially a heated crawlspace of 10"-14" ,,,, and above that, vapour barrier to the attic etc. I have also upgraded the venting of this room ..... so given that little direct water will be on it i don't expect any trouble. Time will tell.
KC

kc567567

Reaction score
Hansgrohe shower panel .... the install continues!

Day 9:

Grouting finished and door in. Duct taped the corner shelves in place until they dry. Duct tape looks so good i might just leave it!:D

kc567567

Reaction score
Its done! Finished off the walls with a coat of paint and swapped out the Grab bars with a Hidden Screw Stainless Steel instead of the chrome.

master_bath002.jpg

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
I've installed a few Hans Grohe towers before, but they all have been exposed models. The one you have is the same one my 81 year old mother recently purchased for me to install. However, with hers I've got to surgically cut open her tile wall, remove the old two handled valve and install everything through the hole which will be covered up by the valve body. Diamond blade and grinder!!!!!! I can't wait to get started.

kc567567

Reaction score
srdenny said:
.....However, with hers I've got to surgically cut open her tile wall, remove the old two handled valve and install everything through the hole which will be covered up by the valve body. Diamond blade and grinder!!!!!! I can't wait to get started.

Post some pic's if you can ,,,,, would be interested in seeing it.

If you can somehow install hot and cold shutoff valves on those 2 lines into the tower it would save you down time on the water grid ..... also better if the unit should fail in the future ..... depends on your access though .... good luck .... i'm sure she'll enjoy it.

KC

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks