Radiant heat pump sizing

Users who are viewing this thread

Raucina

Reaction score
Can anyone advise on feet of head required to push water through PEX [poly] tubing, 1/2" ?

I want about 1 to 3 gallons per minute through EACH of [4] 300 foot loops in a slab. There are 4 ball valves that can isolate each zone, so at times only one or two zones are open. When all 4 zones [1200'] are open flow as low as 1 gpm or less should be alright.

I am looking at Taco and Grundfos pumps in Grainger [open loop - need bronze or SS head]

Maybe the three speed motor from Grundfos to allow for adjustment?

Simplified question; How many feet of head required to push water at 2GPM throu 100' of PEX?

I have done several systems before, but would like to not simply guess at the unit or opt for a high head and throttle the pump. These are impedance protected so overload is not an issue.

Thanks for any math in advance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks