Kohler tub switch problem

Users who are viewing this thread

dstacks

Reaction score
I have a Kohler whirlpool tub, model K-1357-LA. The motor is controlled by an air actuator switch. Quite often, after the unit has been running for a while the motor will not turn off, I have to unplug it from the wall. And on 2 occasions now, the unit has turned itself on, once while someone was bathing in it and once when no one was even in the room and there was no water in the tub (yes it will turn on when no water is in the tub). A space heater was running in the room at the time, so that could account for the change in air pressure that could activate the switch, maybe?

We now leave the tub unplugged all the time because if it turns on while we're out, the motor could burn up and maybe catch our house on fire! This has been happening ever since the unit was new and of course we've waited until it's out of warranty before trying to get something done.

Any suggestions? answers? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
dstacks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
switch

The air switch is a closed circuit as long as it works, and even if the hose were to become disconnected the exhaust fan cannot create the pressure needed to operate it. If it is operating independently, then the problem is in the switch, not the air button.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks