kitchen sink sprayer query

Users who are viewing this thread

Lyd

Reaction score
Hi All,

Since you are the pro's of the pro's I know you may be able to help me.

I have a brandy new American Standard Jasmine High Flow kitchen faucet with sprayer attachment. Not installed yet. My question is this...can I replace the original sprayer hose that comes with it with one double the length? If so, what do i search for replacement wise? Sizes etc?

I asked at the local plumbing supply store and they were clueless. You dont just have to be in HD to have a clueless sales force.

I see pre-rinse hoses available on plumbing sites, but they seem to be a Fisher industrial type, dont rightly know. I would greatly appreciate your advice because if I have to live with a stinkin short hose for much longer I will go crazy. Thanks again, Lyd

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Not sure what size it is but it looks liike 3/8" compression in the exploded view...
I would expect you could use a 3/8" compressionXcompression flexible supply and a short 3/8" brass nipple or compression coupling body (remove the nuts and ferrules) to extend the hose...
I don't know tfor sure if it would work but I cannot see why not.
The supply would connect by the faucet handle and the hose would then screw into the end of the supply using the nipple (if required).

Lyd

Reaction score
longer hose

I have been dealing with a hose that does not reach the sides of the sink for 12 years now. Sink is 6 feet long, hose about 2. Building a new house, want to do it right! thank you for your help!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sprayer

It is probably a 1/4" male pipe thread, if it is not a proprietary connection like many sprayers these days. Longer hoses are not made, and anything you use must have the push button control or it will run all the time with no water from the spout, besides having a connection that will fit throught the opening on the spray holder. Why didn't you opt for a faucet with a pull out spout if you have this problem all the time?

Lyd

Reaction score
to HJ and Genie

I did not opt for a faucet with a pull out spout because the way things get beat on, the faucet would eventually fall apart or start leaking at the base.

I have contacted AS and am STILL waiting for a reply! Thank you all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks