(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: kitchen sink sprayer query

Default kitchen sink sprayer query

Hi All,

Since you are the pro's of the pro's I know you may be able to help me.

I have a brandy new American Standard Jasmine High Flow kitchen faucet with sprayer attachment. Not installed yet. My question is this...can I replace the original sprayer hose that comes with it with one double the length? If so, what do i search for replacement wise? Sizes etc?

I asked at the local plumbing supply store and they were clueless. You dont just have to be in HD to have a clueless sales force.

I see pre-rinse hoses available on plumbing sites, but they seem to be a Fisher industrial type, dont rightly know. I would greatly appreciate your advice because if I have to live with a stinkin short hose for much longer I will go crazy. Thanks again, Lyd

Not sure what size it is but it looks liike 3/8" compression in the exploded view...
    I would expect you could use a 3/8" compressionXcompression flexible supply and a short 3/8" brass nipple or compression coupling body (remove the nuts and ferrules) to extend the hose...
    I don't know tfor sure if it would work but I cannot see why not.
    The supply would connect by the faucet handle and the hose would then screw into the end of the supply using the nipple (if required).

I'm curious, why do you need it longer.

Default longer hose

I have been dealing with a hose that does not reach the sides of the sink for 12 years now. Sink is 6 feet long, hose about 2. Building a new house, want to do it right! thank you for your help!!

Default 6' sprayer hose

Go here

http://www.vetproducts.com/catalog/W...bathingfaucets

and look under wet/prep accessories they have a 6' sprayer.

Default sprayer

It is probably a 1/4" male pipe thread, if it is not a proprietary connection like many sprayers these days. Longer hoses are not made, and anything you use must have the push button control or it will run all the time with no water from the spout, besides having a connection that will fit throught the opening on the spray holder. Why didn't you opt for a faucet with a pull out spout if you have this problem all the time?

Default will AS will send you a longer hose?

my first impulse is to call AS and ask them to send you the right stuff, since you bought an AS product. Hose, parts, etc. Talk to them about this unusual requirement.

david

Default to HJ and Genie

I did not opt for a faucet with a pull out spout because the way things get beat on, the faucet would eventually fall apart or start leaking at the base.

I have contacted AS and am STILL waiting for a reply! Thank you all.