water pressure suddenly dies?

Users who are viewing this thread

thegallery

Reaction score
When you turn on the hot water in the deep sink in the basement it rushes out very powerful for about 5 seconds, then it violently knocks, and drops to about 1/4 of the pressure. If I open open the tap further the power returns and all is fine, but this violent knock is worrisome. It takes longer than 5 seconds but still seems to occur when only slightly opening the tap, and the knock is not as violent.

The deep sink is very close to the water heater, and it only happens in this location. And on a side not, the water is very cloudy when poured in a glass, but clears up in a minute or two.

whatcha think?

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I agree with Kordts... the only other explanation I can think of is a chunk of junk hits a valve or some constricted area then falls back down when the water is turned off. I'd check the faucet washer first.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks