upper and lower aquastat settings....

Users who are viewing this thread

surfbug

Reaction score
what should this be set at, the aquastat in a oil burner with forced hot water, baseboard heating...

and,

is there any special tune up to have the furnace run more efficiently?

thanks

I am setting the place up for max efficiency....

I am currently wrapping all the pipes with insulation from home depot...hopefully that helps some....

what other things can I do to lower the cost of heating my places?

al

al

Zimmee66

Reaction score
re: upper/lower aquastat settings

I'm no expert, but generally for baseboard around 170-180 degrees is the high setting. Generally low is about 20 degrees less. If there is too little difference then you may get shortcycling. Thats bad.

I'm also assuming your household water (kitchen, bath, etc) isnt heated by your boiler.

These are incredibly general suggestions, be warned! Outdoor temps, burner efficiency, house size, all kinds of stuff factors into this.

Get your oiler burner serviced by a pro...they are fussy buggers and parts (like replacement nozzles) are not always easy to find. You can change filters easily enough, and that can help somewhat with effic. But the bulk of improvement will come from adjustaing air/fuel and nozzle selection...it's one of those things where experience is vital.

Your oil company will have a burner guy, but they dont always no that much about the rest of the system--consider finding an experienced boiler installer who does oil to do the tune-up.

I was often shocked at how much less fuel I used after a tune up, its usually well worth it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks