Question regarding bathroom plumbing rough ins

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike R.

Reaction score
I have paid for a three piece rough in an unfinished portion of my basement. I am unclear of the difrence between a two piece rough in and a three piece rough in. Can anyone educate me on this?

Thanks
Mike

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ruff-in

WE are not sure what you mean because the terms "two piece" and "three piece" are not usually used in that context. If you mean the number of items then two piece would be a toilet and sink. A three piece would add a shower or bathtub unit.

Mike R.

Reaction score
You are correct, I should have been more clear. A two piece includes a toilet and sink and the three peice adds the toilet.

When one says rough in what does that include? Particullarly for the sink. I cureently have a pipe extending out of the concrete for the toilet and the tub. There is no water lines run for the shower or the sink. How is rough in defined in the industry given the context?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ruff in

The three piece adds the tub, which is what I think you meant. Ruff-in means whatever the contract says. It could be just the piping under the floor, or all the drainage piping and vents, or all the drainage piping, vents, and water piping. It depends on what you paid for. Each level becomes more expensive, but there is no standard "starting" point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks