instant hot water faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

drocket

Reaction score
is there a difference if i use a regular single faucet for my instant hot water or do i have to get a special one made for the hot water.

Lancaster

Reaction score
The Insinkerator hot water dispenser comes with its own faucet which is to be mounted in an unused sink hole.

Lancaster

Reaction score
You have to use their faucet.They do however offer several different styles you can choose from.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Are you talking about a food grinder system with a hot water dispenser, an instantaneous hot water heater, or a cirulating loop for hot water? what kind of hot water system do you have before we start describing only one type of faucet.... too many varieties to be assuming what you have.

drocket

Reaction score
i have an in sinkerator instant hot water dispenser model H770-22 with a 1/2 gal tank.

JohnD

Reaction score
Insinkerator has several styles of faucets available. You can order them at Lowes, or online.

drocket

Reaction score
so back to the origional question what is the difference between a regular single handle faucet and the insinkerator? I am trying to avoid spending hundrerds of dollars when i can get a single/bar faucet for under $100

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
This is only a guess...the faucets designed for the instant hot water are likely spring loaded off and better insulated so that if you do draw a fair amount of water, the handle doesn't get too hot to touch and turn off.

drocket

Reaction score
well i figured insulation but a lot have those spouts that stick up and there is no insulation on those.

Lancaster

Reaction score
The difference is that the Instant Hot tank is not pressurized.Therefore a regular faucet will not work.Says so right in the Insinkerator instruction sheet right next to a big "CAUTION" sign.
If there is still doubt about this,call Insinkerator at 1-800-558-5700 and they can give you the straight skinny.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

In a nutshell, the ISE faucet, or a replacement for it, sends water to the water tank when you press the lever. That water pushes the hot water out of the tank and through the faucet. A replacement faucet has to have three connections on the bottom of it. One to the tank and one from the tank, and one for the water supply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks