Toilet flange not level

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
At that point you'd have two options, look for a toilet with a taller opening, or reset the toilet flange.

HawaiiDisney

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'll hope for the best when I install the toilet this evening....but as long as the toilet touches the floor without wax, I'm ok.....is that right?

TedL

Reaction score
hawaiidisney said:
Ok, I guess my only other question is this.....what can I do if this scenario happens...after the floor is put down, I set the toilet (with no wax) over the flange and the toilet doesn't touch the floor because the flange is too high. I don't know that this will be the case but what if it is....also, I apologize for what I'm sure seem like dumb questions and I truly appreciate everyone's help and patience!

At that point, call a plumber to rework the flange/pipe, since you no longer have options to adjust the floor. Or buy/build a little platform for the toilet to sit on on top of the new floor.

HawaiiDisney

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. Hopefully it won't come to that but if it does at least I'll have a game plan.

HawaiiDisney

Reaction score
Just an update. The floor has been put in and I installed the new toilet today. Everything went well. Thanks again for everyone's help!

chubyball

Reaction score
Here is the old floor

my old floor with flang stickup above the floor and it was ok for 30 yrs.

Attachments

• Old floor.JPG
    Old floor.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,733

chubyball

Reaction score
With new floor

My flang is belove the floor, I think it should be ok to install the toilet. The only problem that I am having is the floor is not perfect level, the front of the toilet will stickup a little if I push the toilet flat level. But if the front is flat (toilet will not level) the rear will have a little gap off the floor about 1/8 - 2/8 of an inch. What should I do? Should I sim in the rear of the toilet to keep front gap close to the floor?

Attachments

• after flooring.JPG
    after flooring.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,712

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Looks better if you have the front on the finished floor - shim the rear to make it stable.

Racer814

Reaction score
the front of that flange looks awful low to me...I would reccommend something here that I normally frown on and thats stacking two seals....one with a horn and one w/o....just use your hands to slightly push the top ring down and outwards so that when the bowl comes down the wax will tend to go out and not close up the drain........

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks