Leaky tub faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

ktanderson8

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got a leaky faucet (water dripping from the spout) that I'd like to fix. It is a Kohler faucet probably from the early '70's. I took the cover plates off and unscrewed the screw, which allowed me to remove the white plastic handles. Once those were off, there is another metal cover with a wrench fitting on the end. I've tried unscrewing it with a moderate amount of force, but it hasn't budged. I'm not even sure if the part with the wrench fitting is the same as the metal cover.

Before I put more force on it, I thought I would check to see if anyone has any advice. I also wondered if I am supposed to use a handle puller instead of screwing this metal cover off? My house unfortunately only has one main water shut-off valve, so if I turn this too hard and break it, I'm in for a lot of trouble.

I've attached a couple of pictures to help clarify - the first is of the white handle removed and then one of the metal cover.

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• Faucet 001-mod.jpg
    Faucet 001-mod.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 321
  • Faucet 005-mod.jpg
    Faucet 005-mod.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 298
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks