Disconnecting well

Users who are viewing this thread

CityKid

Reaction score
My home was connected to a well, it is now serviced by the town. But the pipes from the well are still connected to the home water supply. There is a motor (pump?), steel tank (holding tank?), and piping that disappears underground.

I would like to disconnect the well piping from the house water system. What do I need to be aware of with removing the pump & tank? Can I just cap the pipe coming from underground?

nimrod

master plumber
Reaction score
it depends on the city or towns ordinance . i would just cap it for now as you may want to irrigate with the well in the future , just make sure there are no connections between each system keep them completly seperate . if they require it you may have to have a professional come out and abandon the well with the proper paperwork as well as filling the casing with the proper material for abandonment .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks